Saturday, April 01, 2006

"Beacuase They Hate"

Brigitte Gabriel, a Lebanese Christian whom grew up surrounded by Muslims, gave quite a little speech at the Intelligence Summit in Washington DC back in Febuary. We hear our politically correct betters lecture us constantly on how we need to understand the Islamists, to listen to them, and to ask ourselves what we have done to offend them. Well, Brigitte understands them pretty well, based on her vantage point, so let's give her a listen:

I was ten years old when my home exploded around me, burying me under the rubble and leaving me to drink my blood to survive, as the perpetrators shouted “Allah Akbar!” My only crime was that I was a Christian living in a Christian town....
By the age of 20, I had buried most of my friends--killed by Muslims. We were not Americans living in New York, or Britons in London. We were Arab Christians living in Lebanon.

As a victim of Islamic terror, I was amazed when I saw Americans waking up on September 12, 2001, and asking themselves "Why do they hate us?" The psychoanalyst experts were coming up with all sort of excuses as to what did we do to offend the Muslim World. But if America and the West were paying attention to the Middle East they would not have had to ask the question. Simply put, they hate us because we are defined in their eyes by one simple word: "infidels"

America and the West are doomed to failure in this war unless they stand up and identify the real enemy: Islam. You hear about Wahabbi and Salafi Islam as the only extreme form of Islam. All the other Muslims, supposedly, are wonderful moderates. Closer to the truth are the pictures of the irrational eruption of violence in reaction to the cartoons of Mohammed printed by a Danish newspaper....
....News pictures and video of these events represent a canvas of hate decorated by different nationalities who share one common ideology of hate, bigotry and intolerance derived from one source: authentic Islam.

Read it all; there's a lot of the above; obviously some angry stuff, but that does not make her position any less refutable...

No comments: