Tuesday, September 18, 2007

More Intolerant Republicans ! Oh, Wait....

Barry Manilow, synonymous with "wuss rock", refuses to be interviewed on "The View" because he might have to talk to a conservative.

No foolin':

Pop singer Barry Manilow, a major Democratic fundraiser, said on Monday he has scrapped plans to appear on the television talk show "The View," because he did not want to be interviewed by its conservative co-host.

"I had made a request that I be interviewed by (co-hosts) Joy (Behar), Barbara (Walters) or Whoopi (Goldberg), but not Elisabeth Hasselbeck. Unfortunately, the show was not willing to accommodate this simple request so I bowed out," he said in a statement on his Web site (http://www.manilow.com).
"It's really too bad because I've always been a big supporter of the show, but I cannot compromise my beliefs."


...In an earlier statement to the news Web site TMZ.com, which broke the news, Manilow said Hasselbeck was "dangerous" and "offensive."

So "compromising your beliefs" to a Hollywood liberal is being "interviewed" by someone who has different political beliefs than you (and is therefore "dangerous") ? And yet the same doctrine allows you to to sit and chat and be photographed with any Middle Eastern/South American genocidal dictator who is willing to pay for your airfare? I am confused...

But a source close to "The View" said "we canceled him," because producers refused to comply with Manilow's "completely disrespectful" demands.

Good for ABC. Shame on Barry for his hateful anti-American behavior.

Substitute "black" for "conservative" and you have another Don Imus affair. But since we have a Republican who's the victim here, well....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Wuss Rock"?
Nah, nore like "Wuss Pop", or "Wuss Lounge", or "Wuss Elevator".
I guess the adjective is the key thing here.

Erica said...

Another pathetic Brooklyn Joo, for whom I sadly rend my garment. First Babs, now Barry...if Neil Diamond pulls this crap next, I will not be amused.

Did he actually think he'd get cooties if he was interviewed by her? I feel more bad for Elisabeth Hasselbeck than anyone...she actually has to show up for work everyday and fraternize with these sub-intelligent goons.