Monday, October 27, 2008

Whitey Go Home!

The article itself is garbage, but in what kind of a world does the Philadelphia Inquirer print an article by a self-loathing "person of pallor" positing that white people should be denied the vote?
In Barack Obama's world, I guess.

Here's some of the bile:

As a lifelong Caucasian, I am beginning to think the time has finally come to take the right to vote away from white people, at least until we come to our senses. Seriously, I just don't think we can be trusted to exercise it responsibly anymore.

I give you Exhibit A: The last eight years....
Exhibit B is any given Sarah Palin rally...

I have broken kielbasa with those people. I went to school with their children. I have gone to Sunday Mass with a deer-hunter hangover with those people. They are bitter with good reason, and they are armed because they are scared. They mean well, but they are easily spooked.

I fear for what is to become of them after the campaigns leave town for the last time, and Scranton and Allentown and Carlisle go back to being the long dark chicken dance of the national soul they were before the media showed up.

Not bad for a left-leaning blog - written by a college sophmore, perhaps - but in a major metropolitan daily?

And these clowns wonder why the bottom is falling out of their business model....

No comments: