Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One Silly Kid, And Some Wiser Americans

I'm referring to the kid at Barack Obama's "town hall" the other day -

It was quite a moment at the end of President Obama's town hall meeting in Fort Myers, Fla., yesterday. As The News-Press writes, 19-year-old Julio Osegueda "rocketed from a Cape Coral teenager who flips burgers for $7.85 an hour at a McDonald's to an instant celebrity of sorts."

..because he asked Obama for a better job. Savior-based economy, indeed. Anyway - the kid gets another gig - kinda:

(He) picked up another job -- if just for a day -- as the color announcer for the Fort Myers Miracle baseball team's radio broadcast for its home opener April 10. The one-day gig typically pays $25, but the Miracle said the salary is negotiable.

Osegueda said after his encounter with The One: "Yes, I was. I was truly blessed".

I went to the comment section, ready to puke at the thought of the Obama-love that would be pouring forth. Instead, I get....multiple doses of common sense?

-So, can I assume that we'll treat him the way 'Joe the Plumber' was?
I'll look forward to reading this kid's tax returns and other dirty laundry soon.


-If I were his parent I would be in hiding today. He looked foolish and immature; he showed disrespect to an empoyer who has done a lot for workers his age...the ultimate lunacy was the belief that control over benefits in a very successful company that NEVER will need a bailout should be managed by the Executive Branch.

-This looks like the method Obama used to get elected. Say pointless, crowd pleasing words to inspire weak-minded minimum wage youth to follow his Jonesian(Jim) path. A job for 25.00? One time? Sounds like our recovery plan.

-I hope this is supposed to be funny...

Maybe there still is hope for change!

No comments: