Saturday, January 16, 2010

Clueless Coakley Chokes On World Series Hero

How the hell can you claim to represent Massachusetts when you can't even identify Curt Shilling, statewide hero (and personal nemesis)?

Dan Rea: Umm Would Barack Obama be in if this thing was not this close?

Martha Coakley:
Umm it’s hard to know, I think that he uh is welcome in Massachusetts and I’m sure everybody is happy to see a president come.

Rea: 62 to 36

Coakley: But I think probably if it weren’t so close Rudy Giuliani would be here and besides he’s a Yankee fan (Laughter) I just want people to know (Laughter)

Rea: Uhhh yeah but now Scott Brown has Curt Schilling

Coakley: and another Yankee fan

Rea: Schilling?

Coakley: Yes

Rea: Curt Schilling a Yankee fan?

Coakley: nooo, alright I’m wrong on my, I’m wrong

Rea: The Red Sox’s great pitcher of the bloody sock?

Coakley: well he’s not there anymore.

Audio:




Coakley is Tuesday's Toast....


UPDATE: Curt Shilling responds:

I’ve been called a LOT of things…But never, and I mean never, could anyone ever make the mistake of calling me a Yankee fan. Well, check that, if you didn’t know what the hell is going on in your own state maybe you could.

No comments: