Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Canadian Premier Rebukes Canadian Health Care...

...well, not literally, but whey Danny Williams, Premier of Newfoundland, was asked why he traveled to the States to get heart valve surgery, he replied:

"This is my heart, it's my health, it's my choice."

With these words, Newfoundland Premier Danny Williams defended his decision to hop the border and go under the knife for heart surgery in Florida....

That's great. Mr. Williams, I agree with you 100%.

But here's my problem: You have a choice because you can afford to fly thousands of miles to get a certain type of surgery done. The Canadian people, unless they are wealthy (or government officials) are denied that choice due to the rationing, arbitrary funding, and research limitations that are necessary in any socialized medical system. Like yours.

If you believe every Canadian has the right to the same health care choices you have, then work to tear down your system and start anew.

And if you think in ten years you might need to continue to make your own choices about your own heart, then maybe you ought to send a note to Barack Obama explaining just how badly we need to keep our capitalistic health care system - you know, just in case some Canadian premiers need some top-notch medical procedures....

In the meantime, I think we've found a new slogan: "My Health. My Choice."

No comments: