Thursday, July 08, 2010

"Green Eggs & Ham", Served Obama-Style

With sincere apologies to the great Theodor Seuss Geisel:


I do not like this Uncle Sam, I do not like his health care scam.

I do not like these dirty crooks, or how they lie and cook the books.

I do not like when Congress steals,

I do not like their secret deals.

I do not like this speaker Nan,

I do not like this 'YES WE CAN'.

I do not like this spending spree,

I'm smart, I know that nothing's free,

I do not like your smug replies,
when I complain about your lies.

I do not like this kind of hope.

I do not like it. nope, nope, nope!




(Would Seuss be derided as a "neo-con" today? "Geisel's early political cartoons show a passionate opposition to fascism...Geisel's cartoons also called attention to the early stages of the Holocaust and denounced discrimination in America against African Americans and Jews. Geisel supported the Japanese American internment during World War II..."

And he famously said of the Japanese:

But right now, when the Japs are planting their hatchets in our skulls, it seems like a hell of a time for us to smile and warble: "Brothers!" It is a rather flabby battle cry. If we want to win, we’ve got to kill Japs, whether it depresses John Haynes Holmes or not. We can get palsy-walsy afterward with those that are left.
—Theodor Geisel, quoted in Dr. Seuss Goes to War, by Dr. Richard H. Minear


The left would crucify him, Obama would run against him, the Democrats would ban his books, and Elena Kagen would nod in assent... )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that just half of the poem, seen one that has more rhymes to it