Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Democrats Coons & Blumenthal Sweating It Out?

...and these were supposed to be the easy wins for the Democrats, folks. If they are sweating these two, then tonight will be the night of many surprises...

In Connecticut, Dick Blumenthal's campaign manager is sending out frantic emails:

Voter turnout appears to be heavy in areas that benefit our opponent. It is critical that we maximize our efforts to get our supporters to the polls. We need your help!

Heh:

Help, I need somebody,
Help, not just anybody,
Help, you know I need someone,
Help!

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being 'round.
Help me get my feet back on the ground,
Won't you please, please help me?

And in Delaware, Chris Coons is singing a similar tune:

Delaware Democratic Senate nominee Chris Coons sent out an e-mail to supporters midday Tuesday expressing concern about low turnout in some areas.

Coons came into Election Day leading Republican Christine O’Donnell by double digits in several public polls, but campaign manager Christy Gleason seemed worried about turnout in the two counties that make up the state’s most populous cities.

Turnout showed “lower turnout in New Castle and Kent counties than we’re comfortable with” Gleason wrote.

How scared is Coons? His campaign is accusing O'Donnell of "voter suppression"!


Well, if O'Donnell just makes sure her "suppressors" are part of a radical black nationalist group, and only intimidating whitey, she's off scott-free...

And now my life has changed in oh so many ways,
My independence seems to vanish in the haze.
But every now and then I feel so insecure,
I know that I just need you like, I've never done before.

....Won't you please, please help me?
Help me,
Help me,
Ooooooo.

No comments: