Monday, January 17, 2011

Chris Christie: Barack Obama "Not Ready For The Job"

Sometimes, our big blowhard can be pretty subtle in his digs. In an interview with Chris Wallace on FOX News Sunday, Christie explains why he isn't running, and why perhaps others shouldn't have:

WALLACE: Why not? I mean, seriously. You say you answer the questions. In what way are you not ready to be president?

CHRISTIE: Listen, I think every year you have as a governor in an executive position in a big state like New Jersey would make you better prepared to be president. And after one year as governor, I am not arrogant enough to believe that after one year as governor of New Jersey and seven years as the United States attorney that I'm ready to be president of the United States, so I'm not going to run.

WALLACE: Yes, but you know, and I heard you say it might make more sense somewhere down the line, 2016, 2020, whatever. But one of the things that Obama learned and showed us all in 2007, when it's your moment, you have got to move.

CHRISTIE: Listen, that is a decision that he made. And he's obviously was successful in winning the presidency. My view is I want to, if I ever would have run for the presidency, if I was ever to do it, I want to make sure in my heart I feel ready. And I don't think you run just because political opportunity is there. That's how we wind up with politicians who aren't ready for their jobs.

Ouch.

Otherwise, it was a piss-poor interview by Wallace, who seemed to be more Christiane Amanpour than famously "fair and balanced", essentially accusing Christie of being "uncivil" in his political dialogue by showing out-of-context clips. Christie acquitted himself nicely, as usual. That's what happens when your adversary is a former prosecutor less worried about niceties and more worried about getting the job done...

But as Wallace and the rest of the media is about to find out, the next two years will be filled with "unpleasant rhetoric", all the more so as it will be aimed at dismantling the unworkable government edifice beloved by the Democrats and the mainstream media...

No comments: