Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bashar al-Assad Gets The Hans Blix Treatment....

While Obama gloats about killing an old shut-in, living in filth and decay, the equally dangerous Bashir al-Assad goes on slaughtering the Syrian people with no remorse or fear of consequences.

Oh, wait, check that. Ricochet reports on some tough measures taken by the EU:

The European Union has sent a stern message to Assad: If you keep mowing down your own people, some of your colleagues may receive a very stiff fine.

There are 13 names on the new EU sanctions list. "Bashar al-Assad" is not among them.


I'm sure that if the violence doesn't stop, all measures, including withdrawing Bashar's VIP parking privileges, will remain on the table.

Why does this seem so familiar?  Didn't we see this movie before?

Oh, yeah, we did.  It was called Team America: World Police.  Kim Jong Il, much like Bashar al-Assad, gets the better of the "international community", in the form of the UN's hapless Hans Blix:

Kim Jong Il: Hans Brix? Oh no! Oh, herro. Great to see you again, Hans!
Hans Blix: Mr. Il, I was supposed to be allowed to inspect your palace today, but your guards won't let me enter certain areas.
Kim Jong Il: Hans, Hans, Hans! We've been frew this a dozen times. I don't have any weapons of mass destwuction, OK Hans?
Hans Blix: Then let me look around, so I can ease the UN's collective mind. I'm sorry, but the UN must be firm with you. Let me in, or else.
Kim Jong Il: Or else what?
Hans Blix: Or else we will be very angry with you... and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are.

Kim Jong Il: OK, Hans. I'll show you. Stand to your reft.
Hans Blix: [Moves to the left]
Kim Jong Il: A rittle more.
Hans Blix: [Moves to the left again]
Kim Jong Il: Good.....

No comments: