Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Michael Bloomberg Wants All Cops To Strike? Bring It!

Yeah, I know - every time Nanny Bloomberg gets another grand idea, we lose a little  piece of our freedom. But this time, in his hyper-reaction to the Aurora Massacre, he's actually come up with something I can work with..

Check it out:

“I don’t understand why police officers across this country don’t stand up collectively and say we’re going to go on strike, we’re not going to protect you unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what’s required to keep us safe,’’ he told CNN’s Piers Morgan

“Police officers want to go home to their families. And we’re doing everything we can to make their job more difficult, but more importantly, more dangerous, by leaving guns in the hands of people who shouldn’t have them and letting people who have those guns buy things like armor piercing bullets.’


Sure, it sounds as if Nanny B. is asking America's police offers to blackmail the citizens they have sworn to protect - literally at gunpoint:  Pass laws that will leave yourself defenseless, save for us, or we will no longer defend you.

But I think it's a swell idea.  Let every cop in America walk out.  While I have great respect for many of them, especially in New York City (the best police force in the world, bar none), on balance they are the #1 usurper of constitutional liberties on a daily basis in this nation.  Don't believe me?  Read The Agitator, but take your blood pressure medication first...

With no one left to enforce the law, I will buy myself an arsenal of weaponry - all the stuff that is impossible to get your hands on in New Jersey.  I will carry, and I will be safer than I ever was in my life.  Once the populace is armed, and the penalty for pulling a stickup becomes a bullet to the head, crime will drop, just like it does in every state with relaxed gun possession/carry laws.

And without having to pay a police force, or their health benefits and salaries, a tremendous amount of money will be saved by thinly-stretched metropolises nationwide as well, just by shifting some "public" responsibilities back onto the private citizen.

Of course, I doubt this is the outcome that Bloomberg had in mind.  But liberals' grand ideas always turn into epic disasters, and the public always winds up screwed, with less than they previously had at a higher cost than ever.  Liberals defend themselves by claiming "good intentions", but that's what the road to hell is paved with, as they conveniently forget.

But this one may turn out to be a win for the common man after all.  Keep it up, Bloomy, and petition those cops to strike - I'm going to start saving my money now, there's a Desert Eagle .44 Magnum that I've been eyeing for a long time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The true, unspoken motto of every emergency service:
When seconds count we're just minutes away.